Fairways has an excellent opportunity for a fully qualified Accountant to join our highly reputable Angus based manufacturing client. This is a full-time permanent position offering a competitive salary.
The Accountant / Company Secretary will have full responsibility for the full financial function and HR function of the business. You will be required to work proactively and also as part of a team.
Your main duties will include:
- Preparation and submission of Monthly Management Group Reports including P&L, Balance Sheet and Actual v Forecast Comparison Sales Report
- Quarterly P&L and Balance Sheet reporting
- Preparation of year end accounts including balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsibility for the year end audit and liaising with Company Auditors
- Responsibility for all financial budgeting and forecasting
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts including weekly reporting
- Assisting with the preparation of the capital expenditure budget
- Monthly management reporting for Parent Company including detailed P&L and quarterly consolidation report
- Monthly Group Report of all bank balances
- Responsible for cost accounting including department labour and overhead rates
- Preparation of profitability job cost reporting
- Liaise with department manager to manage credit control for the company
- Preparation and submission of HMRC reports including quarterly VAT returns, Monthly Intrastat and EC Sales Lists
- Assisting with Government Grant Claims and finance for capital expenditure
- Completion of surveys and government statistical reports
- Responsible for company secretarial duties including AGM and report writing, company insurance and utility renewals
- Assisting with resolving any company system issues
Required skills and qualifications:
- CA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 5 years PQE within a manufacturing environment essential
- Experience in using Business 365 including Dynamics Nav required
- Experience of Pegasus Opera Payroll required
- Genuine interest in manufacturing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with the ability to work alone and under own initiative
- Passionate, ambitious and resilient with the drive to succeed. You will also be commercially astute and be comfortable working in a demanding and challenging environment.
Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Salary £55,000 - £58,000 DOE
33 days holidays including public holidays
Scottish Widows Pension
Discretionary Company Sick Pay
Contributory Private Healthcare Scheme
On-going Training and Personal Development
Fairways acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Fairways is an equal opportunities employer.