Fairways is delighted to be working with our Dundee based client to recruit an experienced Electrical / Mechanical Engineer.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the effective maintenance and repair of the onsite machinery to maximise efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Maintenance tasks designated by the Engineering Manager
- Provide a rapid and effective maintenance service
- Ensure minimal disruption to production processes from system breakdowns
- Breakdown repair/fault finding and maintenance of equipment
- Carry out and assist with installation projects
- General housekeeping
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
- Working knowledge of electrical regulations
- Knowledge of control systems and drives
- Knowledge of steam - both raising and using
- Fault finding on hydraulic / air / steam / electrical equipment
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Patience and high level of accuracy
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Understanding and adherence to Health & Safety regulations
Experience & Qualifications :
- City & Guilds Level 3 Maintenance Technician / Electrician / Fitter or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years fault finding
- Competitive salary dependent upon qualifications and experience
- 32 days annual leave (set holidays)
- Monday to Friday 7.30am - 4pm
- Weekend work when required
- Pension Scheme with matched contributions up to 4%
- Death in Service Benefit
If you are interested in this opportunity, then please submit your CV or call us on 01738 632561.
Fairways Recruitment (Scotland) Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Fairways is an equal opportunities employer.