Fairways is delighted to be working with our Dundee based client to recruit an experienced Health & Safety and Environment Manager to join their team.
As Health & Safety and Environment Manager you will be responsible for protecting both the workers and workplace and ensuring the business is fully compliant with current legislation.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Develop, maintain and promote Health & Safety management plans, policies and systems throughout the entire organisation
- Ensure the business is compliant with legislation and regulatory requirements
- Maintain appropriate levels of training and certification in Health & Safety throughout the workplace including delivery if appropriate
- Carry out regular site inspections to identify any potential risks and dangers and rectify
- Carry out weekly fire drills ensuring equipment is functioning properly and staff are aware of emergency procedure
- Investigate non-serious accidents and injuries and liaise with the appropriate authorities for serious accidents
- Attend monthly Health & Safety meetings and set agenda
- Prepare plans, reports and budgets as required
- Liase with internal and external key stakeholders in the business
- Conduct staff inductions
- SEPA reporting requirements for gas, water, effluent, chemicals, waste and scrap
- Maintain Bluesign accreditation
- Develop plans to reduce waste and promote recycling and re-use
- Perform regular audits and monitor performance to identify areas for improvement and ensure that appropriate corrective and preventative actions are taken
- Carry out follow up reviews
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
- Understanding of legal requirements and government requirements relating to Environmental standards is essential
- Numerical and IT Skills (Word, Excel and email)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Methodical while remaining mindful of commercial considerations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adopts a collaborative approach to resolving problems
- Willingness to model exemplary Health & Safety behaviours and challenge non-adherence to H&S policy and practices
Experience & Qualifications :
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- 3-5 years experience working in a Health & Safety related position
- A bachelors degree in environmental health or related field is desirable
- Knowledge and experience of Bluesign is desirable
- Salary £30,000
- 32 days annual leave (set holidays)
- Monday to Friday 7.30am - 4pm
- Pension Scheme with matched contributions up to 4%
- Death in Service Benefit
If you are interested in this opportunity, then please submit your CV or call us on 01738 632561.
Fairways Recruitment (Scotland) Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Fairways is an equal opportunities employer.