Fairways has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join our Perth based client. This is a permanent, full-time role offering a competitive salary and the chance to work with a supportive and friendly team.
The business relies upon well-maintained and dependable plant, equipment and services to deliver top-quality product efficiently and reliably and are now seeking an enthusiastic and forward-thinking Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join the maintenance team.
You must be a qualified engineer with experience in plant maintenance and will ideally have extensive knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, LPG and air compression machinery.
Reporting to the Factory Manager, your duties will include:-
- To service, maintain and repair equipment in line with required schedules and changes in company priorities
- Provide a rapid and effective maintenance service to the whole of the factory, the production team
- Ensure minimal disruption to production processes from system breakdowns
- Breakdown repairs/fault finding and maintenance of factory equipment and services, including safety systems
- Assist with the development and construction of improvements and additions to production plant and systems
- General housekeeping and maintenance of factory areas
- Ensure full compliance with relevant health and safety requirements
- Work closely with the production team and be actively engaged in the production operation when business needs demand
- To have completed either a mechanical apprenticeship, a craftsman certificate, an HND/HNC or degree qualified
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience fault finding
- Mechanical knowledge of working on industrial plant and equipment
- Physically fit and able to lift and move heavy packages and objects
- Experience of computer data entry
- Familiar with 5S methodology
You will be a proactive and conscientious team member with the ability to work effectively and complete tasks in order of importance and within set timescales. You will have a good work ethic and willing to continually learn and develop in the role. Previous experience from a similar position is required.
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 DOE
Working hours 7am to 4pm Monday to Friday
Occasional shifts outside these hours may be required
28 days holiday
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed for this role and would enjoy the opportunity working in a busy but supportive team then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV.
Fairways Recruitment (Scotland) Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Fairways is an equal opportunities employer