Fairways is again delighted to be working with our Perth based client who operate within the plumbing & heating industry to recruit a qualified and experienced Quantity Surveyor.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be joining a friendly, capable and hardworking commercial team. The team manage a high number of projects every year and no two are every the same. The successful candidate will work with the Managing Director to manage all aspects of projects allocated to them from award to completion of client and prepare final accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Responsible for timeous preparation and submission of valuations and subsequent invoicing
- Responsible for the submission of final accounts following project completion
- Agreement of final accounts (final figure to be confirmed with Director)
- Responsible for calculating variations and quotations post contract
- Responsible for regular submission of cost updates to clients
- Prepare cost and value advice for cost reporting and forecasting
- Preparation of post completion financial reports for review of project financial performance against estimate/tender
- Numerical and IT Skills (Word, Excel, email and Access)
- Ability to interpret drawings and measure quantities
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with clients/architects/suppliers/sub-contractors
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive communicator
- Health and safety understanding
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Experience & Qualifications
- Industry qualification (HND/Diploma or Degree in Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management)
- Previous experience required
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days annual leave (note staff are required to retain days to cover the annual Christmas shutdown)
- 40 hr working week
- Pension Scheme
With consistent growth over the last 5 years and a clear plan for future growth, the Quantity Surveyor position is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your career and join a high performing team within a well-known and highly respected organisation.
Excellent communication skills are critical for this type of role as well as being able to work well within a team. A sense of humour is important as is exercising diplomacy and being solutions focused.
If you are interested in this opportunity, then please submit your CV or call us on 01738 632561.
Fairways Recruitment (Scotland) Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Fairways is an equal opportunities employer.