Fairways is delighted to be working exclusively with our Client who is a small registered Scottish Charity. They now have a requirement for a part-time Secretary / Treasurer to be based at their office in Highland Perthshire.
To manage and accurately record all financial transactions and report to the Chairman on a weekly basis. Assist Accountants/Auditors in production of year end accounts by providing accurate records.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately record income from donations, property rental and membership fees
- Assist in the production and posting of the Charity Annual, submitted to all members
- Assist / lead in the event planning of the Annual Gathering
- Answer membership queries by email and telephone and direct appropriately
- Update membership database to accurately record members, renewals, fees collected
- Liaise with international branches regarding membership and general communication
- Pay suppliers
- Organise insurance renewals
- Organise routine maintenance when required
- Administration duties
- Provide weekly report of activity to Chairman
To be considered you must have the following experience :-
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- Flexible in working hours with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Previous experience working in a similar role advantageous
- Good working knowledge of MS office, particularly Excel and Word essential
- Excellent numeracy
- Own transport essential
Competitive salary, dependent upon experience
Working hours: 20 hours per week, full flexibility in working days and hours
28 days pro rata including public holidays
Part home-working considered
Fairways acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Fairways is an equal opportunities employer.