About the role.
We are recruiting an experienced Sous Chef for our award-winning Client who are based in the Angus countryside. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week 5 days out of 7.
What you will be doing.
- Assist the Head Chef in daily duties
- Deputise in the Head Chef’s absence ensuring service runs smoothly
- Ensure that food areas are set up for the day’s business
- Ensure that staff are briefed and directed accordingly
- Help to train staff to quality standards
- Working closely with the Head Chef to ensure that the finer details for successful service are in place
- Working closely with the Head Chef to control stock, reduce wastage and manage the cost of labour/staff hours versus revenues
- Ensure that Food and Beverage areas are cleared
- Handle guest request, enquiries and complaints in a professional manner
- Help create a safe environment for both staff and guests and adhere to the company’s health and safety policies and procedures
How you will be doing it.
You will be working as part of a successful Team to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the kitchen and service. You will be preferably have experience as a chef within a guest focussed environment.
Who we are looking for.
- Qualified Chef
- Customer focussed
- Passionate about preparing and serving quality food
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work in a busy and often demanding kitchen
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to remain calm and work to deadlines
The important stuff!
- Permanent role working 40 hours per week over 5 days with 2 days off
- Salary up to £26,000
- Weekend/bank/public holidays worked on ration
- 28 days holiday
- Opportunity for progression/development
- Discounted holidays/meals and gym/swim membership
- Uniform provided
- Driving licence
- Immediate start available
Fairways Recruitment (Scotland) Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Fairways is an equal opportunities employer.